About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Observations

Today we learned that scientists use tools to make observations. Making an observation means that you are looking closely at something. We learned how to use a hand lens to make observations of objects in our classroom. One student discovered that when you look at something with a hand lens far away, the object is upside down. When you look at the same object close up, it isn't. What a great observation! In math we reviewed how to compare numbers and how to order numbers. We learned that we can use the number line as a tool to help us with both concepts.

Homework  Read!! Use your hand lens to observe some items in your home. Observe some items that are outside. What did you notice?