About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Friday, September 16, 2016

Adding Strategies

Today we learned about adding strategies. We learned we can use the number line, number grid and we can count up. Counting up works best when you start with the bigger number in the problem and then count on. We also learned about the turn-around rule. 2+3 and 3+2 will have the same sum. Oh, we learned that a sum is an answer to an addition problem. We made words with the short i family. We took a comprehension quick check over our Pig in a Wig story and we got to meet our 6th grade buddies.

Homework- Read the poem 'Apple Tree' and have your lucky listener sign the sheet. Bring your progress report back signed and have a nice weekend!!