About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Friday, September 2, 2016

Charts

Today we learned that charts help us to see and remember the data that we collect. Charts can be used in science and math. In math we collected data in a tally chart. Each tally represents what we are counting. For example, we counted fish, t-shirts, train cars and cars. Each time we have five tally marks we can count by 5s. We learned where to go during a fire drill. We also learned to be good... we lost all of our letters today. :(

Our goal for next week: We won't lose any letters on Tuesday.

Homework: Read your poem of the week, 'School is Waiting'. Have your listener sign the lucky listener sheet. Bring your reading notebook back on Tuesday. Have a great weekend!!