About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Sun

Today we learned all about the sun. We found out that it is a star and is made of gases. You could take 100 Earths and place them across the sun. The sun is very hot. You should never look directly at the sun. We also reviewed the number bonds for 10. We read The Big Blue Ox and identified the characters and settings of the story. Finally we learned that if you get caught in a tornado, you can get spit back out. :))

Homework- Read The Big Blue Ox and return the book tomorrow. Share the family letter for math and the gold word work packet with your family. Don't forget to sign up for conferences. Also remember...pictures are on Friday!