About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Game Day

Today we learned how to use rhyming words to help us read and write other words. We read What This Story Needs is a Pig in a Wig. We located rhyming words and then used those words to read and write other words with those same spelling patterns. We learned about being respectful readers during independent reading time. We reviewed the letters x and y. We brainstormed a list of topics to write about during writing time. We played math games during math workshop. These games helped us to practice using the number line, number grid and comparing numbers.

Homework- Read! Practice your letters and sounds.