About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Mini Explosions

Today we learned that we need more time in our day!! :)) Once again, we ran out of time at the end of the day because we were investigating vinegar and baking soda. We did mini-explosions! We reviewed the scientific method and then put our knowledge to the test. We got to use goggles and droppers. We used the tricky word strategy of  'Lips the Fish' during our reading lesson. The students guessed the covered word by looking at the pictures and then getting their lips ready to say the first sound in the word. We took our first word test and we also took our first math test. I can't wait to see what we have learned.

Homework- Read Pig in a Wig from the reading textbook. Tell your family if the story is realism or fantasy. How did you know? What evidence did you find? Bring the textbook back tomorrow. Share home link 1.12 with your family. This is a preview of Unit 2.