About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Who Stole the Cookies?

Today we learned  how to use our hand lens to look at fingerprints to identify the suspect in our cookie mystery. We found out that no two fingerprints are alike. We got our class picture taken with the Sheriff and we practiced bus safety. Our new reading strategy is using our Eagle Eye when we read. This helps us to figure out unknown words and helps us to learn more about a story. We just use our Eagle Eyes to look closely at the pictures for clues. We practiced using tally marks to count and represent objects. We used our tally chart to answer questions about the data.

Homework- Read Tap! Tap! Tap! and Mack and Tack. Add the books to your book box. Complete Home Link 1.8 and return it tomorrow.