About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Explorations

Today we learned how to find the perfect spot for reading. We established our reading bubbles. No one should be in our reading bubble but us. This will help us to concentrate on reading. We also practiced making -ot, -op and -ock words. We did exploration stations in math. The stations allowed us to work on subtraction, number bonds and collecting data using tally marks. We talked more about the sun and collected facts from the book, Who Likes the Sun?

Homework- Read! Complete math box 2.4 and return it tomorrow. Don't forget pictures are tomorrow. Please sign up for a conference if you haven't. Let me know if those nights don't work for you and we can make something else work. Thank you!!