About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Friday, September 9, 2016

Number Grid

Today we learned how to use the number grid. We used the grid to count up and back. We related this to subtraction (counting back) and addition (counting up).  We learned that there are 3 ways to read a book. You can look at the pictures and make up a story. You can read the story. You can also retell a story that you already know. We practiced doing this during our independent reading time. Finally we learned how to read with our 3rd grade buddies. We met them today and practiced partner reading.

Homework: Read your Color Poem and have your lucky listener sign the sheet in your reading notebook. Complete home link 1.11. Return it on Tuesday. Enjoy the fair!!