About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Book Covers

Today we learned the cover of a book can tell us many things. We looked at the cover of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and labeled the parts of the cover. We determined that the cover can help us choose a good book to read. We practiced our word wall words and read 'Little Boy Blue' to find rhyming words. Then we used the rhyming words to help us read and spell words with the same patterns. We practiced the counting up strategy in math. We learned how to play a game called High Roller. We are still working on numbers that bond to make 10. We also listened to our Solar System song and then colored and labeled the planets.

Homework- Read! Complete Home Link 2.6. Return the worksheet tomorrow.