About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Sorry!!

I am so sorry this is so late... I just got done with dinner and homework with my own kids. My son had a football game tonight and we had a 30 minute storm delay. Needless to say, it's a late night for me. Please forgive me! :))

Today we learned how to make predictions in science. Scientists ask questions and then predict what they think will happen when they experiment. We practiced doing this with our 'Walking Water' experiment. Tomorrow we will find out if our predictions were correct. We learned that it is okay if they aren't right. After we see the results, we will share our findings with others. That's what scientists do! Today we made our Rainbow Hair books. We practiced reading them fluently while using a reading tool. We used pointers to help us keep our place and point to each word. Also in our book we found many compound words and discovered that they are just two words put together that make a new word.

Homework- Read Rainbow Hair to a family member or friend. Tell them what a compound word is and then show them the ones you highlighted in your book. Place Rainbow Hair in your book box when you are finished. Share the home link 1.4 with your family.