About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The First Day of School!

Today we had a great first day... we were very busy. I enjoyed getting to know the students and can't wait to learn more about them as we go. Each day we will post what we learn. This list will be generated by the students to keep you informed and it allows them to reflect on their learning each day. I will also post the homework. So...

Today we learned how to read fluently. We want to read like we are talking: not like a robot and not too fast. We will practice this with our poem of the week. We learned how to sit quietly at the carpet and get ready to learn. We read books. We made a graph about Jitter Juice in math.

Tonight's homework: Think about a promise that you can make to our class. What promises will you make to your teachers? What can we do to have a successful first grade year? Finally, take the time to read for at least 10 minutes.

See you tomorrow!