About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Monday, August 29, 2016

We need more time! :)

We ran out of time today so this post will be from me instead of the students. Today we learned that good readers have special reading memories. We learned how to use consonants and vowels to make words. We practiced making CVC words today and noticed that all the words had vowels. We continued to write our stories today and learned that we can add details to our writing to make it better. Finally, we decorated our shoe boxes. We made these boxes to keep our special books in this year. Each week the students will bring several books home to put in their 'library' box.

Homework- Read!! Don't forget your forms and fees. Have a nice evening!