About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Today we learned about punctuation when we did our poem of the week. Punctuation helps us to read fluently. We know to stop at a period and to get excited when we see an exclamation point. In math, we learned about counting a collection of objects and we also learned about estimating. Estimating is taking a good guess about how many things are in a collection. In science we learned that we are all scientists and that scientists work hard all the time. They also do experiments and investigations to learn about things. Finally in gym we learned it is a good idea to exercise to keep our bodies healthy. Whew! First grade is a lot of work!

Tonight's homework- Bring your favorite book. If you don't have one at home, don't worry. I will help you find one at school. Show your parents the Home Link 1.1 parent letter. READ!!! (for at least 10 minutes)