About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Today we learned what scientists do. They ask questions, use tools, do experiments, read to find information and they think! Tomorrow we will do our first experiment. We learned how to compare numbers using a number line. We practiced this by playing Monster Squeeze. We also learned that writing is just telling on paper and we practiced writing our own stories. Shhh! Don't tell anyone but my story said 'I love my class!' We will continue writing tomorrow. Finally, we learned that good readers read every day... and that's what we will do!!

Homework- Read!! You can read the library books you brought home. Share the math letter (Home Link 1.2) with your family. If you didn't bring your favorite book today, bring it tomorrow. Don't forget to bring a shoe box by Monday.