About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Friday, November 11, 2016

Too Many Tamales

Today we had our reading celebration!! We were celebrating the end of our unit on comprehension strategies. We reviewed our reading strategies using a tree for an analogy. Alone the tree is quite boring (just reading the words) but when we add the leaves it makes the tree so much more appealing (thinking through the text).  We got to practice using our strategies with the book Too Many Tamales. Then we got to taste tamales. We had a great time! Thank you for joining us.

Homework- Read the poem, 'I Do Not Like November' and have your lucky listener sign the sheet. Read your leveled reader and PLEASE bring both back on Monday. Thank you!