About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

If You Take a Mouse to the Movies

Today we practiced visualizing as we read If You Take a Mouse to the Movies. We discovered we all had different sketches and they didn't necessarily match the pictures in the book. Why? We all have different schema and different experiences. Visualizing helps us to understand and remember what we read. We also sorted plural and singular nouns and learned that the -s is a suffix. We add that to the end of some nouns to show that it is more than one thing. We created a web when we used sensory details to describe going to the movies. We also learned how to add 3 numbers today. Finally, we learned about communities and map skills.

Homework- Read your just right book. Complete the home link.