About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Friday, November 18, 2016

More About Bees

Today we read more about bees, collected facts and finished our bee report. We used a graphic organizer and crayons to mark the topic sentence (the green-go sentence), the facts (the yellow-slow down sentences), and the wrap-up (the red-stop sentence). This helped us to organize our writing and prepared us to write our paragraph. We learned about our brain as a muscle. When we practice and learn, the brain gets smarter.

Homework- Read the poem, 'I Ate Too Much' and have your lucky listener sign the sheet. Read your leveled reader about bees. PLEASE bring both items back on Monday. Sign the progress report and send it back on Monday.