About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Friday, November 4, 2016

Life in the Forest

Today we learned about another type of writing: informational. We read the text Life in the Forest, identified animals that live in the forest and then asked questions about the animals. We used an organizer to answer three questions: Where do they live? What do they eat? and What do they look like? Then we used our information to write a paragraph about the animal. We learned all about Bossy E today. We made words with the 'E' telling the A to say its name. :))

Homework- Read the poem, 'Pumpkins' and have your lucky listener sign the sheet. Read your leveled reader book and bring both back on Monday. Don't forget to let me know about the Reading Celebration. Have a great weekend!