About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Calculators

Today we learned how to identify -all words using picture clues. We made a web about the things in a community. We learned that schools, buildings, people, and families make-up a community. Communities are places where people live and work. We read about community workers in the text, Who Works Here? We made connections to our own neighborhood workers. We continued to write fictional narratives and I was so pleased to see so many of the students writing about different topics. We learned how to use calculators to skip count today in math.

Homework- Read Who Works Here? in your reading text and return the book tomorrow. Study your sight words.