About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Reading Detectives

Today we learned how to answer questions by finding and underlining the evidence from our text. We read a short story called Katie's Secret and identified the character, setting and events in the story. Before we answered the questions, we used a different colored crayon to underline where we found the answers in the text. Good readers ask and answer questions to show that they understand a story. We also learned how to add doubles in math class. This is an additional adding strategy to use to solve problems. Finally, we took a quick check over our Social Studies unit.

Homework- Read your just right book and complete your home link.