About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The Very Stuffed Turkey

Today we explored farm life with the story, The Very Stuffed Turkey. We sorted animals into farm and not farm categories. We wrote a note to Turkey inviting him to our house for Thanksgiving. We read the book and retold the story in groups. We also looked at maps and followed the map that Turkey used to go to his friend's houses. Finally, we did a farm animal capsule experiment. We predicted which farm animal our capsule would turn in to and then observed the 'hatching' of the capsules. We learned that only one student made the correct prediction, Landen. We had a great day!

Homework- Read the poem and have your lucky listener sign the sheet. Bring your notebook back on Tuesday. Have a great Thanksgiving!