About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Making Predictions

Today we learned how to use pictures to help us solve number stories. That is another strategy that can help us organize our information. We practiced making predictions in Blue's Art Day and we figured out that Blue wanted to give his leaf art to his friend the turtle. We learned more about Kevin Henkes when we watched a video clip about how he gets ideas for books. We learned the process of making books as well.  Getting inspiration from the world around us will be our focus in writing.

Homework- Read your just right book and complete your math home link.