About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Ira's Teddy Bear

Today we learned how to use the number line to add and subtract. This is another strategy we can add to our math tool belt. This strategy can help us solve number stories. We practiced making predictions in Ira Sleeps Over. We used another Kevin Henkes book called, Chester's Way to identify the techniques he uses in his stories to help the reader understand his lessons. Today we added: uses happy endings and uses rhyming words to our writer's craft list. Finally, we read with our 6th grade buddies.

Homework- Read the poem 'When Is It Night?' and have your lucky listener sign the sheet. Read your just right book. Enjoy your day off!!