About Me

My photo
I am happy to be teaching first grade again this year! I have two children and one very busy husband. I love to read and shop. I hope you enjoy our work. Come visit often!

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Digraph Man!

I apologize for not posting yesterday! I had such a busy night with conferences that I forgot. I am getting old :)).

Today we learned that there is a super hero in letter world. His name is Digraph Man. Ask your child what Digraph Man does. Some examples of digraphs are: sh, th, wh, ch and ck. We started to write a narrative about something we love today. We used an organizer to help us plan our writing. We will continue doing the piece tomorrow. We learned how to make number models in math and that a + sign means to add and a - sign means to subtract or take away. The equal sign means that both sides of the equation are the same. We will work with these for many days! In science we reviewed that the sun provides light and heat for Earth. We did an investigation to find out what makes our mystery beads turn colors. We found out that the light from the sun does. Tomorrow we will investigate the heat from the sun.

Homework- Read your just right book and bring the book and bag back tomorrow. Complete home link 2.10 and return it.